Monday, November 06, 2006

not 'Out of the Question'........

http://www.myspace.com/mummra
"Light out of the darkness, what did you see? What did you see?
And I, I don't see the likeness I'm trying to see, I'm trying to see.

If you believe me look in my eyes,
As you deny me don't read the sign,
You can't be the reason,
You can't be the reason,
You won't be the reason,
You won't be the reason for all the things I said.
It's out of the question,
It's out of the question,
Or out of the question,
Or out of the question.
I'd rather stop it dead.

This is the only thing I know. The writing's on the wall. The master's stand and fall.
So I, I can't seem to notice. I'll try to explain, I'll try to explain".

cool hair Tate
Ok so I know Brassey has already done a Mumm-ra Review down there somewhere and I agree with everything he says... (eeek don't murder us in our beds 'Amusement Parks On Fire')
I love the Louisiana. It's so small and intimate but vibrant and fresh... still so bloody fresh after all these years. I've seen lots of bands there. The most famous was Interpol who opened the door for us on the way in and signed our NME, which the support band tried to steal later in the evening and I had to send my NY mate Ann in to sort the gits out.
She always told me I should hang out there... meet someone cool..into music. Hey.. I met someone really cool and he loves the Louisiana too (loves you Brassey)
So me and him decide to go see Mumm-ra. Heard good stuff about them... did we believe the hype though?
Well. we like to keep an open mind. I prefer live music to anything. I like to see if they can really play, really sing, really project.
I asked Brassey if he wanted a Mumm-ra tee-shirt. No he said emphatically.
Ok, I thought... sod off then git. I put me tenner back in my purse and thought about all the crochet wool I could buy with it the next day.
Then they came on and for an hour we were mesmorized, They were bloody great. They played like rock stars, they had the crowd by it's balls. They had great hair and a plastic duck called Matthew. Best live group I've seen in a long long time.
We were at the front, the crowd were a mixed bunch... young old and weird. I'm sure some were from the local 'home' on Coronation Road. A tall ginger giant who bounced like a rubber ball all night. His ginger ringlets hitting the surrounding people full pelt. 'Noo' (lead singer) said he wanted the same thing HE was on.
I went to the bar to get drinks. Ginger Giant pushed in the queue in front of me. I was pissed off but had to laugh when he ordered a diet coke with ice and lemon.
Right at the front were the girlie groupies with their lip gloss and vest tops. They knew all the words and were shouting out pouty provocations to the band. I had to stop Brassey joining in.
Then it ended so quickly with Mumm-ra's next single 'Out of the Question'. The crowd wanted more. I actually dislike encores... that's old fashioned guys!! They didn't come back on.
So home we go...... and we get to the front door and Brassey says "I want a Mumm-ra tee-shirt"
Fucker!

No comments: