Friday, January 12, 2007

charity shop warning!



Like most 50 year old middle class white males I consider Tupac Shakur to have a lot to say to me. So I was over the moon when I picked up a copy of his greatest hits double CD at a local charity shop.

I rushed home to listen to my latest find but was disappointed. Tupac seemed to have a rather listless, one might almost say female, voice. And rather than hard rapping tunes boasting about bitches and having a bundle with Notorious B.I.G it was all girlie songs. So I checked the CD and it was a Brandy CD. Took me three songs to realise!

Being a double album I grabbed the second CD and my heart sank. It was a CD-R with 'Daniel Bed' written on it. Oh bugger, some 19 year old spotty student called Daniel (not Dan or Danny - middle-class alert!) and his bedroom tracks. But I'm not narrow-minded so I had a listen. It took one bar for me to realise that 'Bed' was short for Bedingfield. HORROR TROSS ALERT!
But I may just play a Brandy track one night ...

No comments: