Wednesday, January 31, 2007

far cue? well you can far cough too ...



It's one of those very odd days today. After a good night touting for work at Hartcliffe Community Centre today I'm sitting and anticipating. Wulf is down in Taunton hospital having an eye op and I won't be going down till 2.

In the meantime I'm at a serious loose end and at risk of hitting very high sugar levels. So think of this post as a sort of therapy.

When I moved down this way about 7 years ago I kept seeing Far-Cue mentioned. I liked the pun in the name and that it was lost on the stolid burghers of Frome who left their posters up all over town and I thought the Anarchy A in their name was hilariously provincial (being a veteran of two Poll Tax Riots where Class War stirred up trouble - and quite rightly!)

And then there was the van - a wreck to rival the worst I've ever owned - but a superb advert for their worldview. And an excellent bit of in your face marketing.

Chances are I'll never see Far-Cue live. They don't like DJs, but then neither do I (except for Trin of course!) They'll not play the Louisiana I suspect, but will keep hitting the smaller places round Frome.

And this is my little Far-Cue anecdote - I know where they live. And their little house in Frome looks lovely - all trinkets and big cushions and fishtanks. Good luck to them and their big slap in the face to all the boring little nobody middle-class types and rich-boy DJs who would look down their noses at them. I for one envy them! And I may just play one of their songs at a disco one day ...

No comments: