Tuesday, October 03, 2006

just say no


I was kind of horrified to hear that Radio One have made a huge drive to get people to buy the 'new' David Hasselhoff single 'Get out of My Car'
Just one word "Why"?
The track is dire. I haven't heard anything quite this bad since the Birdie Song. David Hasselhoff is a sad little man who once got in a car that 'talked' and made him cool for a while in the 80's. To be honest if we all thought about it logically it was the car 'Kitt' we all liked not the Hoff.
The song has no tune, no charisma and no purpose. In fact there's a bit when Dave is trying to get this 'little girl' in his car that is positively creepy.

"Mmm, jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own
No thank you sir-ir
Ah, c'mon, I'm a trustworthy guy
No thank you sir-ir
Oh little girl I wouldn't tell you no lie
I know your ga-ame
How can you say that, we only just met
You're all the sa-ame
Ooh, she's got me there, but I'll get her yet
I got you then
No you didn't, I was catchin' my breath
And look it's startin' to rain and baby you'll catch your death
Well, I don't know-ow
Ah, come on it costs nothin' to try
And you'll arrive ho-ome nice and dry"

He's trying to get the little girl in his car, she's reluctant. Makes my skin crawl. Very odd song. If song is the right word.
Apparently Razorlights 'America' is set to be number one on Sunday. Now I liked Razorlight's first album. They're cool if a little misguided in their persona at times (I hate their bitching about other bands) but 'America' is a good track. It deserves number one. This Hoff thing deserves the Somerset and Dorset platform bin. And not the recycle one either.
Don't do it. Save your money to buy the Plan B Album. Now THAT'S worth listening to.

1 comment:

Steve Sainsbury said...

er ... fuck off loser