Monday, September 04, 2006

I don't feel like buying actually...

I hate driving to work. I hate the mindless following the same route day after day I don't feel like entertaining youand the irritation at any car who dares to be in front of me. I also hate the radio. I've often had conversations with people who live in different parts of the country who seem to have good radio station. Down here we don't.
But I hate driving with the fear of an audible rattle in the car and worry that it's about to explode. So I crank up crap radio and hope for the best.
The best however is not the Scissor Sisters. I have their first album. I'm still not entirely convinced by it but taking the Pink Floyd classic 'Comfortably Numb' and Gaying it up was brilliant.
They've been away a while and now they're back. The front Gay guy Jake and his side kick Ana. Lots of showmanship and colour. But talent?
The new track (I don't feel like Dancing) is an embarrassing Bee Gees type rehash. I've heard it several times and each time I hate it more. It has no substance, body or flavour. It's high pitched noise that would drive next doors Dog out of it's cage.
So why is it number one in the download charts?
I was always convinced that those intelligent enough to use downloads and mp3 players wouldn't buy into the crap tracks like Shayne Ward or Ronan (fucking) Keating. So for Christmas this year do not buy your old Grannie an Ipod. If I see Daniel O'Donnell in the download charts I may Implode.
little message for U2Maybe I'm being unkind to the Scissor Sisters. They don't pretend to be something they aren't. They are basically entertainers. Their talent is their stage persona. Groups however cannot sit on their laurels and fire out tracks to us based on reputation. U2 are especially to blame for that kind of behaviour. They think we are U2 . Everything we do is brilliant.
Umm wake up check Bono. Retire... Go on. Do the whole world a huge favour.

No comments: