Sunday, September 10, 2006

I love my chick

radio one needs Brassey and DJ TrinBeing top notch Dj's doesn't come easily to me and Brassey.... Ok it's fun but keeping on top of the best tracks for our punters to get their freak on with is a real task.
Wherever we go we're on the look out for that one track that will make the difference between a gig and a party.
Today we were in Woolworths, hardly cutting edge but they sometimes have some real bargains. They had cd's for 99p a few weeks back.
They had a lot of compilation albums, and very reasonable too.... Except the stupid idiots had placed the huge square security tag over every single track listing. Unbelievable. When I go next I'm taking my camera and I'll blog it.
I approached this sales assistant and explained my predicament. She was totally unhelpful. She said that's how they're TOLD to place them.
She refused to even acknowledge that it was stupid. Guys, Woolworths staff REALLY need some lessons on Customer relations.
So we bought nothing. I will not buy a cd there again..... I'd rather patron the fantastic FOPP in town. Keep the decent small businesses going.
Getting ready for a gig has really highlighted the lack of decent dance music ATM. There's a lot of really good older stuff but the new stuff really isn't hitting my G Spot at all.
Maybe I'll make an exception for Justin Timberlake. He's a nice guy. His comeback track Sexy Back is ace. Insistent beat. Yeah. No crap. Yeah. Straight in for the kill. Yeah.
An instant dancefloor filler. Ignore it at your peril.

"Dirty babe

You see these shackles

Baby I'm your slave

I'll let you whip me if I misbehave

It's just that no one makes me feel this way"


Click to enlarge.
And at the other end of the scale we have the BBC's fame academy contestant Lemar with his new track 'It's Not That Easy' . It's had a lot of radio air play. Lemar, home grown. Nice voice. Nice guy, easy going boy next door type. But dull as fuckery. As Brassey puts it. He's Marvin Gaye minus the talent and charisma. I'd rather loop Justin Hawkins singing 'Get your hands off of my woman Mother fucker' over and over on the disco set than play this pile of tross.

No comments: