Monday, September 18, 2006

superstar... you got any 70's?


I see Brassey has written a little review of our gig this weekend. I was so looking forward to it... But I was ill. Superstar DJ's don't get ill I hear you cry... Unless it's too much vodka and redbull or catnip.
I still managed to make a small mark for music though.
I still think it's a responsibility of a good DJ to play good music and try to enlighten the masses a bit. You can never please everyone. Everyone's musical taste is so different. We did ok with the youth. They seemed happy until Brassey played some of his stuff like New Order.
The worst bit was the over 50's. They came up several times and asked if we could switch to 70's music. 70's? Like the New Seekers? ShowaddyWaddy? Sweet?
We didn't have any. Then someone asked if I had Aga Doo by Black Lace. If I was forced to play that track I'd have to garrot myself.
Brassey got an excellent response to Kylie. I hate Kylie. She should have stayed in Neighbours.
We finished our gig and were packing up, when another 70's comment was made... 'disappointed at the lack of 70's'.
So Brassey thinks we might carry a few 70's cds for the future.
Ok... As long as this doesn't mean we are EVER going to start playing bloody Elvis Presley or any 50's crap.
Want a disco? Call us. We are very reasonable.... and awfully cute.

No comments: